Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

012

This is K's last week of school and I am still thinking and rethinking her teachers' gifts. I think I have my mind made up now... but as I make absolutely sure, I am working on some socks for the dolls in K's classroom. Her teachers saw me working on the doll socks I made for 'L baby' back in February and I told them I would make some for the classroom. Well, 4 months later I am finally getting around to it. They are such a fast knit though, so I am hoping to get two pairs done by the last day of school.

There is so much love and gratitude going into our dear teachers gifts. I am counting all of the blessings they have given us over the past two years with every stitch of the knitting needles or mixing of the lavender concoction I make. But I have to admit I am daydreaming a bit and looking forward to a new project on the horizon. One that both K and I will work on together. It may be the cutest thing yet (and the pattern is by one of my favorite designers). One word : Mermouse.

For a finished project - Do you happen to remember the girls' strawberry picking dresses I made for them last spring?

027

041

035

Well, now Baby L has his very own strawberry picking 'quick change' pants. I tried to make them more 'boyish' with the colors I chose. I hope I pulled it off ok. The pattern is the one I have been mentioning pretty much since Baby L was born (but didn't get around to sewing) from Handmade Beginnings. I made the 24 month size and followed Meg's notes for altering the pattern to fit over cloth diaper bums. I hope to have pictures of him in them soon. Now I know what my friend Cindy was talking about when she said dresses are much more time consuming to sew than pants. The girls dresses take me days, sometimes weeks from start to finish. These little pants? They took me one night to make. I 'd guess 3 hours, tops!

What are you working on? Happy creating!

p.s - Last chance to enter to win a beautiful handmade Waldorf doll from belambolo. Enter here.

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!



Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...